History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

99, King Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Lancaster, Lancashire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0462 / 54°2'46"N

Longitude: -2.8005 / 2°48'1"W

OS Eastings: 347679

OS Northings: 461432

OS Grid: SD476614

Mapcode National: GBR 8PWN.H9

Mapcode Global: WH846.YKLG

Entry Name: 99, King Street

Listing Date: 13 March 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1298341

English Heritage Legacy ID: 383184

Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Town: Lancaster

Electoral Ward/Division: Castle

Built-Up Area: Lancaster

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Thomas

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Lancaster

Listing Text


LANCASTER

SD4761SE KING STREET
1685-1/8/150 (East side)
No.99

GV II

Coach house, now an office. c1800 altered C20. Sandstone
ashlar, with ashlar dressings and side and rear walls of
random rubble, rendered in part. Slate roof. Single-cell plan
with later full-depth rear extension, perhaps later. 2 storeys
and 2 unequal bays. The wider first bay contains a former
waggon entrance, now a window, which has a semi-elliptical
arch with a plain keystoned architrave and impost blocks which
continue to either side as a band. The second bay has a
square-headed doorway with a similar architrave and a glazed
door of c1980. Above each of these openings is a window with
plain reveals, the left-hand one being taller than the one on
the right, both have glazing bars and top-hung casements.
Included for group value.


Listing NGR: SD4767961432

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


LANCASTER

SD4761SE KING STREET
1685-1/8/150 (East side)
No.99

GV II

Coach house, now an office. c1800 altered C20. Sandstone
ashlar, with ashlar dressings and side and rear walls of
random rubble, rendered in part. Slate roof. Single-cell plan
with later full-depth rear extension, perhaps later. 2 storeys
and 2 unequal bays. The wider first bay contains a former
waggon entrance, now a window, which has a semi-elliptical
arch with a plain keystoned architrave and impost blocks which
continue to either side as a band. The second bay has a
square-headed doorway with a similar architrave and a glazed
door of c1980. Above each of these openings is a window with
plain reveals, the left-hand one being taller than the one on
the right, both have glazing bars and top-hung casements.
Included for group value.


Listing NGR: SD4767961432

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.