History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Lane Wesleyan Reformed Church Including Number 21

A Grade II Listed Building in Shipley, Bradford

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8335 / 53°50'0"N

Longitude: -1.7785 / 1°46'42"W

OS Eastings: 414674

OS Northings: 437497

OS Grid: SE146374

Mapcode National: GBR JC3.PC

Mapcode Global: WHC92.NX90

Entry Name: Manor Lane Wesleyan Reformed Church Including Number 21

Listing Date: 30 April 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1300902

English Heritage Legacy ID: 337508

Location: Bradford, BD18

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: Shipley

Built-Up Area: Shipley

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Shipley St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Saltaire

Listing Text

SE 13 NW SHIPLEY MANOR LANE
(east side)
Shipley

2/110 Manor Lane
30th April 1982 Wesleyan Reformed
Church, including
No 21

II


Wesleyan Reformed Church and former caretaker's house now private
dwelling. Dated 1863. Builders: Messrs John Ives and Son of Shipley.
Ashlar. Welsh slate roof. Single storey with basement. Three-bay
symmetrical front with open pediment over centre break. Deep plinth.
A flight of stone steps, with ashlar side walls, leads to central
doorway with engaged Doric columns, flanked by pilasters. Doric
entablature and blocking course surmounted by oculus on scrolled
support with cornice above. Inscription, in raised capitals, reads:
'HALL LANE CHAPEL 1863". The flanking windows are round-arched,have
marginal glazing, consoles to sills and archivolts on lugged stops.
Moulded eaves cornice. Hipped roof. Six-bay side elevations the
round-arched windows having marginal glazing. Square-headed basement
windows. Set back at rear is No 21, the left side of 2 bays with sash
windows and door.

Interior: Church has original pews; the doors and sides with round-
arched panels. Furnishings at the front appear to tie later C19.
Pedimented doors at front. Entrances to each side at rear from central
lobby.

The building cost £1,500 and was designed to seat 400 people.


Listing NGR: SE1467437496

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.