This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1571 / 53°9'25"N
Longitude: -2.8799 / 2°52'47"W
OS Eastings: 341258
OS Northings: 362584
OS Grid: SJ412625
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.52Y4
Mapcode Global: WH88F.QXT1
Entry Name: Church Villas and Linked Storshed and Domestic Offices
Listing Date: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1312823
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55299
Location: Eccleston, Cheshire West and Chester, CH4
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Eaton and Eccleston
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Eccleston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
(North Side )
Church villas and linked storeshed and domestic offices
Pair of cottages, 1875, by John Douglas for the 1st Duke of
Westminster. Brown brick banded and patterned in blue brick. Hipped
red tile roof with shaped ridge tiles and finials and rectangular
central chimney. Asymmetrical, individually designed cottages of 1½
storeys. Dormer gable to left cottage; half-gable to right cottage,
partly timber-framed. Arched oak-framed porches, to front on left
cottage, side on right cottage. 3 and 4-light mullioned windows with
rectangular leaded glazing. Boarded front and back doors.
Interiors: Good 4-panel doors with moulded stiles, muntin and rails.
Long brick outbuilding with steep tiled roof joined to rear of
cottages by walled yards.
Listing NGR: SJ 41258 62584
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings