This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2272 / 53°13'37"N
Longitude: -2.9551 / 2°57'18"W
OS Eastings: 336332
OS Northings: 370441
OS Grid: SJ363704
Mapcode National: GBR 77.0NNC
Mapcode Global: WH886.L40T
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 10 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1320409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55665
Location: Saughall and Shotwick Park, Cheshire West and Chester, CH1
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Saughall and Shotwick Park
Built-Up Area: Saughall
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Great Saughall All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 37 SE SAUGHALL C.P. CHURCH ROAD
4/22 Church of All Saints.
Church: 1895-96 by Medland Taylor but not completed until 1910 when
chancel, apse and north aisle added. Flemish bond red Ruabon bricks
red tile roof with Lakeland green slate on the tower. 4-bay nave and
north aisle, south porch, short chancel with polygonal apse, and
vestry on south side to give the impression of a crossing. Low
crossing tower with broached spire. Nave windows are chamfered triple
lancets. Porch at left end has chamfered and rebated doorcase with
stone springers. Apse on brick plinth has sill band and some faint
diapering. 2-light windows, the east window raised with quatrefoil
plate tracery. North aisle has 2 and 4-light lines of lancets and
west end, a projecting baptistery. Tower has brick corbel table and
louvred opening in the spire.
Interior: brick, glazed below sill level, and some sandstone
dressings. 4-bay arcade of rebated arches on plain piers with stone
springers to north aisle. Nave windows in recesses with arches of
different centring forming hoods. Arch-braced collar roof sprung from
stone corbels. Similar recesses to aisle windows but with hoods
formed by pairs of segmental arches on a plain pier. Lean-to roof has
purlin braced from a short king post. Rebated arches to chancel, apse
and to organ loft and vestry to the sides. Apse roof has painting of
the Angel appearing to The Shepherds by Herman Salamon.
Listing NGR: SJ3633270441
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings