This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2931 / 53°17'35"N
Longitude: -2.5044 / 2°30'15"W
OS Eastings: 366472
OS Northings: 377467
OS Grid: SJ664774
Mapcode National: GBR BZYC.L7
Mapcode Global: WH995.HHM9
Entry Name: Goldmine House rose Cottage
Listing Date: 27 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1329888
English Heritage Legacy ID: 57564
Location: Great Budworth, Cheshire West and Chester, CW9
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Great Budworth
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Great Budworth St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 67 NE GREAT BUDWORTH C.P. SOUTHBANK
6/98 No. 26 (Goldmine House
and Ross Cottage)
House and cottage, circa 1870, by John Douglas. l½ storeys,
substantial, of irregular plan. Brown brick and oak small framing;
clay tile roofs. Slightly projecting cross-gable with 1-room wing
right and long recessed wing left. Zig-zag raised brick band at 1st
floor to front of cross-gable and right wing; project=ion under
catslide roof at right end of left wing; driftway to left under
oak-framed gable on brackets; Ross Cottage occupies the bay left of
driftway. Boarded door with ornate hinges and latch in left face of
cross-wing; wood-mullioned leaded casements; timber-fronted gabled
dormer in right wing; blue diapering to brickwork left of driftway;
inserted casement and probably inserted sprocketed dormer in Ross
Cottage; Flush 2-flue brick chimney on right gable, flush 3-flue
chimney at rear of cross-wing and 3-flue chimney on ridge of left
wing. Windows at rear altered. The C20 modification to Ross Cottage
are not of special interest.
Interior not inspected.
Designed as an element of the villagescape, this confidently handled
Vernacular Revival building closes the view down Southbank from the
village centre; one of the "very pleasing buildings south of the
[church] by Mr Douglas". W.Raffles Davison The British Architect
12 December 1884.
Listing NGR: SJ6647577459
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings