This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.7222 / 50°43'19"N
Longitude: -3.5306 / 3°31'49"W
OS Eastings: 292056
OS Northings: 92510
OS Grid: SX920925
Mapcode National: GBR P1.9004
Mapcode Global: FRA 37H5.GCN
Entry Name: The Cloisters
Listing Date: 29 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1333353
English Heritage Legacy ID: 88933
Location: Exeter, Devon, EX1
Electoral Ward/Division: St David's
Built-Up Area: Exeter
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Exeter Cathedral
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
1. CATHEDRAL CLOSE
SX 9292 NW 3/94 29.1.53.
1762. Half the frontage is part of the above house, with similar doorway without
stucco. The other half is partly of stone and shows traces of the Cathedral Cloisters,
which were demolished in C17. These consist of a quatrefoil at 1st floor level,
part of a buttress on the SW angle, and an EE blocked doorway on the south wall
inside (inside the gate of Church House.) Otherwise the description is as above.
The grading is on account of the mediaeval remains.
All the listed buildings in Cathedral Close form a group.
Listing NGR: SX9206092511
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings