This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2814 / 51°16'53"N
Longitude: 1.0798 / 1°4'47"E
OS Eastings: 614877
OS Northings: 158092
OS Grid: TR148580
Mapcode National: GBR TY2.PS6
Mapcode Global: VHLGM.N1PZ
Entry Name: Wall on Right Side of Blackfriars Monastery
Listing Date: 7 September 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1336779
English Heritage Legacy ID: 170392
Location: Canterbury, Kent, CT1
Electoral Ward/Division: Westgate
Built-Up Area: Canterbury
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
944 BLACKFRIARS STREET
Wall on right side
of Blackfriars Monastery
TR 1458 SE 2/91A
A Mediaeval flint wall about 10 foot high, which was once part of the monastery.
Stone moulded and pointed arch with stone quoins.
Forms a group with the former Blackfriars Monastery.
Listing NGR: TR1487758092
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings