This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4596 / 52°27'34"N
Longitude: -1.9462 / 1°56'46"W
OS Eastings: 403750
OS Northings: 284629
OS Grid: SP037846
Mapcode National: GBR 5PJ.45
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.6FZT
Plus Code: 9C4WF353+RG
Entry Name: The Clock Tower Community Education Centre
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343074
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217294
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, B17
Electoral Ward/Division: Harborne
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Harborne St John
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
The Clock Tower
Centre and No 106
SP 08 SW 11/25
Circa 1885 by Martin and Chamberlain, and built as a school. Red brick and
terracotta with minimum stone dressings; tile roof with decorative ridge tiles.
Asymmetrical composition partly of one and partly of 2 storeys; 6 bays, with a
tower in the third. Bay one is No 106 the former master's house with ground floor
canted bay window and tripartite first floor window beneath a half-hipped roof.
Set back on the left of this, the gabled entrance bay with pointed-arched door. Bay
2 is broad, gabled and 2 storeys high, its ground and first floor windows separated
from one another by a band of decorative brickwork and set within a shallow pointed
arched recess. The clock tower with the principal entrance to the school, 2 tiers
of lancet openings and clock faces beneath gablets rising into the spire zone; spire
with lucarnes and a fanciful finial. The fourth and fifth bays each with broad pointed
casement windows within gables projecting into the roof. The sixth bay is 2-storeyed
with a half-hipped roof and mostly pointed windows, some narrow and some broader.
Listing NGR: SP0375084629
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings