This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4923 / 52°29'32"N
Longitude: -1.9124 / 1°54'44"W
OS Eastings: 406041
OS Northings: 288270
OS Grid: SP060882
Mapcode National: GBR 5X4.MG
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.SMT7
Plus Code: 9C4WF3RQ+W2
Entry Name: 2, KEY HILL (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343075
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217297
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, B18
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham Bishop Latimer with All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 17, 18 and 19
SP 0680 NW 22/2
Includes No 2 Key Hill. Circa 1820 range, formerly of 3 houses, the centre rebuilt
early C20 as ironmonger's show rooms with glazed front divided in 3 bays on each floor.
The unaltered flanking houses are of 3 storeys red brick with hipped slate roofs.
Early to mid C15 shop fronts on ground floor that to No 17 plaster framed with
arcaded lights, fascias and moulded cornices. Upper floors each have 3 sash
windows, glazing bars intact to first floor: stucco heads with rosettes and small
flanking consoles to shallow cornices. Second floor windows have flat stucco
arches with grooved voussoirs and keystones. No 17 has narrow splayed corner with
pilastered doorway and keyed archivolt over fanlight. Pilastered shop window to
return where there is the entrance to No 2 Key Hill and glazing bar sashes to left
hand with grooved stucco flat arches and keystones to first and second floors.
Listing NGR: SP0604188267
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings