This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.488 / 52°29'16"N
Longitude: -1.8951 / 1°53'42"W
OS Eastings: 407222
OS Northings: 287795
OS Grid: SP072877
Mapcode National: GBR 615.GZ
Mapcode Global: VH9YX.3QJJ
Entry Name: Premises Occupied by Brytek Polishing Company
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343122
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217514
Location: Birmingham, B4
Electoral Ward/Division: Aston
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Philip Birmingham
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
5104 City Centre B4
Nos 16, 17 and 18
(premises occupied by
Brytek Polishing Company)
SP 0787 NW 26/7
Circa 1840-50 small canalside works of 2 storeys red brick with engineering
brick plinth. Four bays. Gutter eaves and low pitch touched slate roof.
Revealed glazing bar sashes with cambered header arches, stucco sills; 4 x 4
panes with 3 x 4 panes on office door. The latter is revealed in 2 orders
with cambered arch. Segmental arched yard entrance in second bay from left.
A modest but unaltered works elevation of early to mid C19 type now a rarity
in what remains of the, gun quarter and with its rear facade with loading bay
on to the canal.
Listing NGR: SP0722287795
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings