This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1942 / 52°11'39"N
Longitude: 0.1374 / 0°8'14"E
OS Eastings: 546191
OS Northings: 257260
OS Grid: TL461572
Mapcode National: GBR L7H.KJK
Mapcode Global: VHHK9.B3HR
Entry Name: The Railway Station
Listing Date: 10 May 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343683
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47778
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1
Electoral Ward/Division: Trumpington
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Cambridge St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 45 NE 2l/222A 10.5.62.
1845. Architect Sancton Wood. White gault brick. Stone bracket cornice.
15 tall round-headed arches, originally all open but of which only the 5
northernmost ones now are. The centre 6 arches have been completely enclosed
with semi-circular fanlights in the heads, and the 4 southernmost arches
partly enclosed with open heads. Stone roundels in the spandrels of the
arches with coats of arms of the colleges, the City and various City officials
of the timer The original design of the station was materially altered
in 1863. (Real 85).
Listing NGR: TL4619157260
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings