This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3652 / 51°21'54"N
Longitude: -1.7761 / 1°46'33"W
OS Eastings: 415683
OS Northings: 162928
OS Grid: SU156629
Mapcode National: GBR 4XS.7T0
Mapcode Global: VHB4D.5YD9
Plus Code: 9C3W968F+3H
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 22 July 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364676
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311830
Location: Wilcot, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: Wilcot
Built-Up Area: Oare
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
SU 16 SE (west side)
6/193 Church of the Holy Trinity
Anglican chapel of ease, now parish church. 1857-8, by S.S.
Teulon, for Mrs M. Goodman. Brick with slate roof. Nave with apse
and south porch. Lean-to vestry on north. A Romanesque style, the
wall divided into panels by raised chamfered base, pilaster strips
and corbel table. Round headed windows with rebate and continuous
brick hood and string. Surrounds are of mildly contrasting bricks,
chequered in west gable. Around apse, windows multiplied as blind
arcade. Two 2-light west windows with central buttress, and
crowned by bellcote. Stone dressings to doors within porch.
Interior: Nave unplastered. Roof of 6 bays with arch braced
collar trusses. Multi-coloured arch to apse on painted Romanesque
columns. Fittings: Font at west end, gloss painted stone with
heavy intersecting arches. Pulpit of stained soft wood. Simple
low sanctuary rail. Monuments: Five C20 brasses. Over pulpit, a
painted wood dedication board.
Listing NGR: SU1568362928
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings