This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7281 / 51°43'41"N
Longitude: -1.238 / 1°14'16"W
OS Eastings: 452723
OS Northings: 203544
OS Grid: SP527035
Mapcode National: GBR 8ZB.RS8
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.HTCK
Entry Name: Church Hall
Listing Date: 28 June 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369340
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245389
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4
Electoral Ward/Division: Rose Hill and Iffley
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Iffley
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5203 NE 14/700
Original structure was the Cl5 tithe barn and an internal arch of this probable
date remains; externally it is a mid C19 building. Rubble with ashlar dressings,
red brick in the gable end, restored and re-roofed 1970. Single storey.
2-centred arches, the centre one blank, the others with doors. 4 modern
metal casements. Thatched roof with 4 brick chimneys and a wooden bell
cupola. 2 plaques on the front. 'Iffley Parochial School MDCCXXVIII' and
'Infant School established 1854'.
Listing NGR: SP5272303544
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings