This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7541 / 51°45'14"N
Longitude: -1.2513 / 1°15'4"W
OS Eastings: 451776
OS Northings: 206418
OS Grid: SP517064
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.VX8
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.85BN
Entry Name: New College, East Range, Great Quadrangle
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369665
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245033
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 SE 9/242E 12.1.54.
The Muniment Tower at the North end was built late in C14; the window of
the staircase to Hall has Cl4 and later armorial stained glass. The Old
Bursary to South of Muniment Tower has a panelled ceiling of circa 1500.
The old library on 1st floor was remodelled in 1778 by Wyatt, and most of
the windows had been remodelled in the early C18; the Upper Library was
also fitted up by Wyatt. One of the external window frames of the old Library
(at North end of West front) has recently been restored.
Listing NGR: SP5177406411
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings