This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2361 / 51°14'9"N
Longitude: -0.5716 / 0°34'17"W
OS Eastings: 499817
OS Northings: 149513
OS Grid: SU998495
Mapcode National: GBR FCK.DB5
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.16N8
Entry Name: Campbell Insurance national Westminster Bank
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377873
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288939
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holy Trinity
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 9949NE GUILDFORD HIGH STREET
5/77 Nos. 151 and 153
1/5/53 (National Westminster
Bank and Campbell
House, now bank and offices. C18 with C20 alterations on the ground floor. Stone
on ground floor, red header-bond brick above with plain-tiled roof obscured by stone-
coped parapet. Three storeys with stacks to rear. Plat band to base of panelled
parapet with Portland stone cornice above. Four bay front with 12-pane glazing-bar
sash fenestration under gauged-brick, keystoned heads. Four C20 windows on each of
the upper floors, three large fixed windows on the ground floor with alternating
piers composed of four thin pilaster strips under acanthus and anthemion caps.
Triglyph frieze across the ground floor with classical roundel motifs in metopes.
Shallow balcony projects over the ground floor with hanging sign projecting to end.
Doors to right end.
Rear:- Gabled and weatherboard range to left with tripartite sash window, white
boarded range at first floor right angles.
Listing NGR: SU9981549515
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings