This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2366 / 51°14'11"N
Longitude: -0.5691 / 0°34'8"W
OS Eastings: 499990
OS Northings: 149577
OS Grid: SU999495
Mapcode National: GBR FCK.DXM
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.25ZV
Entry Name: 210, 212, 214 and 216, High Street
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Last Amended: 15 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377900
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288982
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holy Trinity
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 9949NE GUILDFORD HIGH STREET
5/116 Nos 21O, 212, 214
1/5/53 and 216
(Formerly listed as
Nos 214 and 216) )
House, now shop and offices. Early C19 front on C18,or possibly older core. Red
brick front, part painted on the ground floor,with low pitched slate and felt roof
above. Three storeys over basement with deep bracketed eaves and stacks to left.
Three bay front with three large,9-pane,glazing-bar sash windows on the second
floor under gauged brick heads. Three 12-pane,glazing-bar sash windows on the
first floor with old glass and gauged brick heads. Plate glass shop front on the
ground floor right, C19 shop front to left with dentilled hood over and fluted
pilaster strips flanking main, 4-centre arched light with centre oval above and
floral carvings in spandrels. Central six-panel door in deep recess with panelled
reveals. Bracketed hood over on thin pilasters. Roundel tracery to over-light and
iron railings flanking flight of stone steps in front.
Interior:- Fielded panelling in hallway, fielded-panel doors on ground floor.
Original plan largely intact.
Photographs in N.M.R.
Listing NGR: SU9998949571
Other nearby listed buildings