History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Estate House Approximately 70 Metres to the North East of Walton Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Wellesbourne, Warwickshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1697 / 52°10'10"N

Longitude: -1.5838 / 1°35'1"W

OS Eastings: 428564

OS Northings: 252463

OS Grid: SP285524

Mapcode National: GBR 5NH.VTG

Mapcode Global: VHBY2.HQLK

Entry Name: Former Estate House Approximately 70 Metres to the North East of Walton Hall

Listing Date: 19 August 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1381993

English Heritage Legacy ID: 482358

Location: Wellesbourne and Walton, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV35

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Wellesbourne and Walton

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Walton d'Eivile St James

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Wellesbourne Hastings

Listing Text


WELLESBOURNE

SP25SE WALTON
1901-1/5/190 Former estate house approximately 70
metres to north-east of Walton Hall

GV II

Estate house, converted to time-share accommodation. 1869,
altered 1980s. Possibly by Sir George Gilbert Scott. For Sir
Charles Mordaunt. Brick with ashlar dressings; gabled Welsh
slate roofs with brick end stack and cross-axial stack. L-plan
with re-entrant addition.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 2-window range. Stone-coped plinth, flush
ashlar bands and plain stepped cornice; gable to right has
enriched barge-boards. Central entrance has segmental-pointed
head and overlight to plank door; sharply pointed gable to
open timber porch. Ground floor has hipped bay window to left
with 3-light single-chamfered mullioned-and-transomed window
and transomed side lights, and canted bay window to right with
similar transomed lights; first floor has one similar
cross-mullioned window to right with datestone within brick
relieving arch, and similar cross-mullioned window to gabled
half-dormer to left which has corbelled brackets and
barge-boards forming arch to left. Dated rainwater heads. Left
end stack and cross-axial stack to wing have brick caps. Rear
has simpler details and 2-storey porch.
INTERIOR: not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP2855152444

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.