This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8981 / 51°53'53"N
Longitude: -2.0687 / 2°4'7"W
OS Eastings: 395372
OS Northings: 222172
OS Grid: SO953221
Mapcode National: GBR 2M4.ZS8
Mapcode Global: VHB1Q.3K79
Entry Name: The Vineyard and Churchside
Listing Date: 12 March 1955
Last Amended: 26 November 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386762
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474161
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52
Electoral Ward/Division: All Saints
Built-Up Area: Cheltenham
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cheltenham St Luke and St John
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO9522SW BERKELEY STREET
630-1/14/211 (West side)
12/03/55 The Vineyard and Churchside
(Formerly Listed as:
Villa, now 2 dwellings with surgery. c1820-34, shown on
Merrett's Map of 1834 but not on the Post Office Map of 1820.
Brick with stucco facade and slate roof.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, 3 bays of which the outer 2 are
full-height bows: 3-window range. Stucco detailing includes
plinth; first-floor band; crowning frieze, cornice and
blocking course. Central entrance a 3-panel door with
overlight in fluted architrave and doorcase with Doric
pilasters, dentil frieze and cornice. Ground floor has
tripartite windows, 1/1 sashes; first floor has tripartite
windows to bows, 8/8 between 2/2 sashes, all curved on
section; central first-floor window a 6/6 sash. All windows in
tooled architraves. Rear has 6/6 staircase sash with radial
glazing to head and margin-lights.
INTERIOR: photographs c1990 show south-east room with
embellished architraves to doors with cornices; frieze into
bay with palm leaves. Original joinery includes panelled
shutters to some windows, otherwise not inspected.
Listing NGR: SO9537222172
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings