This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4864 / 52°29'10"N
Longitude: -1.9044 / 1°54'15"W
OS Eastings: 406586
OS Northings: 287610
OS Grid: SP065876
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z6.DL
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.YR2T
Plus Code: 9C4WF3PW+G6
Entry Name: Vaughton Gothic Works Including Premises of Jackson and Froggatt to Rear South South West
Listing Date: 14 July 1999
Last Amended: 30 November 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387391
English Heritage Legacy ID: 475347
Location: Birmingham, B3
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP 0687 NE BIRMINGHAM LIVERY STREET
(South West side)
Vaughton Gothic Works
Including premises of
14.07.1999 Jackson and Froggatt
To Rear SSW
Goldsmiths' and silversmiths' manufactory. 1902; by Sidney H. Vaughton, for Messrs P. Vaughton and Sons. Red brick with terracotta dressings. Slate roof. Jacobean freestyle. EXTERIOR: main facade to Livery Street has 2 storeys over basement. Asymmetrical 1:3:1:5:1 window front. Terracotta mullion-transom windows; slightly advance gabled bay to left with pierced finials, 5-light first floor window with centre three lights with cambered head; and panelled double-doors with tall cambered arch overlight with cambered cornice above and over side-lights. Moulded shafts between bays to left and right, and moulded eaves cornice. Frieze above first floor windows with strapwork decoration and inscription GOTHIC VAUGHTON WORKS in Gothic script. Workshop range to rear has large metal framed windows on both floors on either side, which contained the plating and polishing shops.
Detached 2-storey range at rear, SW, [occupied by Jackson and Froggatt] with large multi-pane metal frame windows, and with single-storey north-lit sheds; containing press, enamelling and die-casting shops.
INTERIOR reported to be largely in its original form, retaining fittings and hearth.
SOURCE: RCHME report, March 1999.
Listing NGR: SP0658687613
Other nearby listed buildings