This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9017 / 51°54'6"N
Longitude: -2.0714 / 2°4'16"W
OS Eastings: 395185
OS Northings: 222572
OS Grid: SO951225
Mapcode National: GBR 2M4.R45
Mapcode Global: VHB1Q.1GSJ
Entry Name: 54-60, Winchcombe Street
Listing Date: 14 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1388223
English Heritage Legacy ID: 476221
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52
Electoral Ward/Division: All Saints
Built-Up Area: Cheltenham
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cheltenham All Saints (Pittville)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO9522NW WINCHCOMBE STREET
630-1/10/1009 (West side)
14/12/83 Nos.54-60 (Even)
Terrace of 4 houses, now shops and garage (disused). c1820-30
with later additions and alterations. Stucco over brick with
concealed roof to front, slate and artificial slate to rear,
renewed brick and stucco party-wall stacks and iron balconies.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys with basement, 8 first-floor windows (2
per house). Stucco detailing includes first- and second-floor
bands, crowning frieze and cornice. First and second floors
have 6/6 sashes where original, taller to first floor, these
are now boarded in to left part, right part has French windows
to first floor and 6/9 sashes to second floor. Ground floor
has elliptically-arched windows to left and 2 to right with
tripartite 1/1 sashes where original, the second dwelling has
inserted garage opening. Entrances: 2 to left and 2 to right,
round-arched openings, steps to 6-panel doors, some
part-glazed where original, with lattice frieze and fanlights
with circle and batwing glazing bars where original (No.58).
Rear retains 6/6 and 2/2 horizontal-pane sashes.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: individual balconies have embellished
rods and lattice and semi-circle friezes.
Listing NGR: SO9518522572
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings