This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1872 / 53°11'14"N
Longitude: -0.5578 / 0°33'28"W
OS Eastings: 496463
OS Northings: 366543
OS Grid: SK964665
Mapcode National: GBR DLY.3T5
Mapcode Global: WHGJC.D4MX
Plus Code: 9C5X5CPR+VV
Entry Name: 263, Brant Road
Listing Date: 8 July 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1388469
English Heritage Legacy ID: 485914
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN5
Electoral Ward/Division: Witham
Built-Up Area: Lincoln
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Bracebridge All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK96NE BRANT ROAD, Bracebridge
1941-1/5/47 (East side)
Former Chartist cottage, now a house. c1845. Random rubble,
partly whitewashed, with concrete tile roof. Single storey, 3
bays. T-plan. Windows are late C20 casements. Projecting
gabled porch with doorway flanked by single windows. Beyond,
on either side, a single larger window.
INTERIOR not inspected.
This building is one of 6 erected for a Chartist land
settlement sponsored by the then owner of Red Hall, and
visited and approved by Feargus O'Connor, MP, founder and
leader of the Chartists.
Listing NGR: SK9646366543
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.