This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2195 / 53°13'10"N
Longitude: -0.53 / 0°31'47"W
OS Eastings: 498248
OS Northings: 370170
OS Grid: SK982701
Mapcode National: GBR FMX.4V4
Mapcode Global: WHGJ5.TBTP
Plus Code: 9C5X6F9C+R2
Entry Name: Mortuary on North Side of the Old Cemetery
Listing Date: 8 July 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1388479
English Heritage Legacy ID: 485924
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN4
Electoral Ward/Division: Park
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Lincoln St Botolph by Bargate
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK97SE CANWICK ROAD
1941-1/2/451 (East side)
08/07/91 Mortuary on north side of the Old
Mortuary, now a mess room. 1856. Probably by Michael Drury.
Brick, clad with rockfaced stone, with hipped concrete tile
roof and a side wall stack with octagonal flue. Gothic Revival
style. Chamfered plinth, sill band, moulded eaves, canted
corners with buttresses. Single storey, 2 bays. South front
has a central buttress flanked to left by a moulded doorway
and to right by 2 blocked pointed arched windows, all with
hoodmoulds. In the canted corner, a blocked roundel. West end
has a gabled dormer with a stepped 3-light pointed arched
window. INTERIOR not inspected. Included for group value.
The cemetery was laid out by Henry Goddard.
Listing NGR: SK9824870170
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings