This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2178 / 53°13'4"N
Longitude: -0.5311 / 0°31'51"W
OS Eastings: 498180
OS Northings: 369976
OS Grid: SK981699
Mapcode National: GBR FMX.BJW
Mapcode Global: WHGJ5.TD90
Plus Code: 9C5X6F99+4H
Entry Name: Toll Bar Lodge
Listing Date: 15 August 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1388480
English Heritage Legacy ID: 485925
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN4
Electoral Ward/Division: Park
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Lincoln St Botolph by Bargate
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK96NE CANWICK ROAD
1941-1/5/57 (East side)
15/08/73 Toll Bar Lodge
Formerly known as: The Toll House CANWICK ROAD.
Toll house, now a house. Dated 1843. Dressed stone and brick,
with ashlar dressings and hipped slate roof with 2 paired,
coped ridge stacks set diagonally. Tudor Revival style.
Chamfered plinth, moulded wooden eaves, coped gables with
kneelers and finials. Single storey, 3 bays. Cross plan.
Windows are mainly stone mullioned sashes with hoodmoulds.
Central projecting bay with gabled porch, sloping stone hood,
half-glazed C19 door and datestone. In each side, a glazing
bar sash. Beyond, on either side, a double sash.
INTERIOR not inspected.
Listing NGR: SK9818069976
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings