This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.2083 / 52°12'29"N
Longitude: -2.2431 / 2°14'35"W
OS Eastings: 383484
OS Northings: 256698
OS Grid: SO834566
Mapcode National: GBR 1FX.HQQ
Mapcode Global: VH92M.2RJJ
Entry Name: Hallow Bank
Listing Date: 5 April 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1389872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 488823
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2
Electoral Ward/Division: St Clement
Built-Up Area: Worcester
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Hallow
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO85NW HALLOW ROAD
620-1/1/312 Hallow Bank
House. Late C18 with later additions and alterations. Painted
brick under plain clay tile roofs; stone sills. Tall brick
stacks to rear (north) roof slopes, all with oversailing
detail. Timber doorcase. Cast-iron step to bay. Original plan
double-fronted, double-depth with further service range to
rear, central staircase; building comprises three ranges with
ridges aligned in parallel. Principal elevation to south but
main entrance now located in east facade.
South elevation: symmetrical, 2 storeys plus cellar. 3
first-floor windows, 6/6 sash flanked by 8/8 sash, matching
8/8 aligned below to ground-floor; all in plain reveals under
flat gauged brick arches with stone sills. C20, multi-pane
glazed door in altered opening, roll-edged stone step. East
(gable-end) elevation: asymmetrical. 2 first-floor windows,
8/8 and 6/6 sashes, both in plain reveals with sills, sash to
left under flat gauged brick arch, that to right under
cambered brick arch. 2 semi-circular stone steps to central
3-panel door, all raised and fielded, with moulded architrave
and pilasters to pediment with ornate carved console brackets
and dentils; panelled reveals, entrance flanked by elliptical
windows. Canted bay to left, 6/6, 6/6 and 12-pane side-hung
casement/door, access step.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORICAL NOTE: map evidence shows entrance drive re-aligned
to access east facade between 1940 and c1965. The 1886 O.S.
map identifies the property as 'Henwick Farm'.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings