This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4852 / 52°29'6"N
Longitude: -1.9122 / 1°54'44"W
OS Eastings: 406057
OS Northings: 287477
OS Grid: SP060874
Mapcode National: GBR 5X7.N0
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.SSYQ
Entry Name: 50, Albion Street
Listing Date: 29 April 2004
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1391247
English Heritage Legacy ID: 494046
Location: Birmingham, B1
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
997/0/10280 ALBION STREET
Manufactory. c.1870 with minor late C20 alterations. Red brick with blue brick and moulded brick detailing and painted dressings. Welsh slate roof with gable stack to west end.
PLAN: Linear street frontage range with narrow rear passage, workshops to upper floor and offices and entrances below.
EXTERIOR: 2 storey, 4 bay range rising from a shallow blue brick plinth. Entrance to left set within tall Gothic arched outer opening, the doorway within a segmental arch-headed opening, with double 4-panel doors and an overlight with plain wooden tracery. Window openings, one to left and 2 to right with segmental outer arches and shouldered heads, linked by a stepped blue brick band. Glazing bar sash frames, with 6-pane upper sashes and horizontally-subdivided 2 -pane lower sashes. Wide painted storey band below 7 closely-spaced upper floor windows with multi-pane metal frames and 1 replacement casement. Segmental arched heads have painted springers and impost mouldings, and above, elaborate cut and moulded brick cornice. Rear elevation with 7 upper floor workshop windows with multi-pane frames.
Forms a group with No. 49 Albion Street (q.v.) and No.51 Albion Street (q.v.)
A little-altered small metal-working manufactory of c.1870, which forms part of a prominent street frontage of industrial premises. It is carefully detailed externally and displays the distinctive features characteristic of purpose-built manufactories in a specialist manufacturing district of Birmingham, now recognised as being of international significance.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings