This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.2886 / 56°17'18"N
Longitude: -2.7431 / 2°44'34"W
OS Eastings: 354100
OS Northings: 710930
OS Grid: NO541109
Mapcode National: GBR 2T.7MPX
Mapcode Global: WH7SD.T6ZF
Entry Name: Dunino Church
Listing Date: 20 June 1979
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 330242
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB49
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: East Neuk and Landward
Traditional County: Fife
James Gillespie Graham, 1826, additions by P MacGregor Chalmers completed 1928. Originally small rectangular Georgian gothic church, of coursed squared rubble with droved ashlar plinth and dressings. Crow-stepped gables to west and east, with bell-cote at west, this has an arched opening on each face with a tall crocketed spirelet over. Large four-centre traceried west window, with hoodmould and deep
chamfered reveals. To north: former entrance door at right hand end with pair of tall Y-traceried windows at centre, all with hood moulds and chamfered reveals, small crow-stepped porch, 1928, at left hand end, entered from east, with single lancet to north. New chancel to east, 1928, reuses original east window, otherwise polished ashlar, crow-stepped with single lancets to north and south. South side of Nave has 4 tall windows like those at the north side.
INTERIOR: largely the work of P MacGregor Chalmers, exposed rubble, 1826 pews stripped and reused, now facing east, cills of windows carved with foliage, tracery renewed and leaded glazing fitted. Boarded ceilings with transverse and ridge ribs. Stained glass in chancel by J Jennings of London 1930-1931 Window in porch by W Wilson 1949.
On the site of an earlier church. The pulpit was orginally at the west end, centrally placed against the west window. The Gallery was at the east end, carried on two tuscan columns. The original windows appear to have had wooden sashes. (Pre 1927 photograph at Manse, copy in NMRS.
Oak desks, pulpit lectern etc made by local man in Beley Bridge; designed by P MacGregor Chalmers' (information from Minister) B group with items 4 & 5.