History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Limekilns, 10 Church Street, Manse and Boundary Wall

A Category B Listed Building in Rosyth, Fife

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 56.0343 / 56°2'3"N

Longitude: -3.4805 / 3°28'49"W

OS Eastings: 307846

OS Northings: 683371

OS Grid: NT078833

Mapcode National: GBR 1X.RXQ6

Mapcode Global: WH5QY.HLVC

Entry Name: Limekilns, 10 Church Street, Manse and Boundary Wall

Listing Date: 31 December 1971

Category: B

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 332330

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB1641

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Dunfermline

County: Fife

Electoral Ward: Rosyth

Traditional County: Fife

Find accommodation in
Rosyth

Description

1841. Symmetrical 2-storey, 3-bay, plain classical, T-plan manse. Sandstone rubble; dressed ashlar margins; raised base and eaves course and vertical margins at quoins. Moulded cornice and narrow, plain frieze to principal elevation.

S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: central panelled door with pilastered surround and fanlight. Flanking ground floor windows; 3 1st floor windows centred above. Flat-roofed addition (former kitchen and toilet block) set back to right; door with fanlight; window to right.

W ELEVATION: ground and 1st floor window to far right; ground floor window to far left. 1st floor window in left return. 2-storey wing to rear; set back to left; door to right; window to left. Small fixed window above door; 1st floor window to left.

N ELEVATION: ground and 1st floor window to right in advanced wing; door in left return. Section set back to left; ground and 1st floor window to left. Single storey addition to far left; small window to left; door to right.

E ELEVATION: plain gable to house.

INTERIOR: not seen, 2000.

BOUNDARY WALL: low wall; sandstone blocks with hedge; metal gate in front of entrance door. Steps and gate lead to church to W.

Predominantly 12-pane, lying-pane, timber sash and case windows. Piended slate roof; corniced apex stacks to E and W gables; polygonal cans. Central wallhead chimney to rear wing.

Statement of Interest

According to Chalmers the manse was 'rebuilt' in 1841 and the adjacent parish church was built in 1825 on the site of an earlier 1782 church.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.