This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 57.4986 / 57°29'54"N
Longitude: -3.636 / 3°38'9"W
OS Eastings: 302048
OS Northings: 846552
OS Grid: NJ020465
Mapcode National: GBR K8DX.152
Mapcode Global: WH5HQ.3STD
Entry Name: Edinkillie House (Former Edinkillie Church of Scotland Manse)
Listing Date: 26 January 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 333067
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB2188
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Forres
Traditional County: Morayshire
John Paterson, Edinburgh, 1823. S facing 2-storey, butterfly
plan house with single storey outer wings. Harled with tooled
ashlar margins. 2-storey demi-octagonal centre bay projects
S (drawing room) and N (porch with side entrance), flanked
either side by 2-bays with further single bay end wings
returning to make shallow rear court.
Regular fenestration with slightly shorter 1st floor windows,
and centre 1st floor window in rear. 12-pane glazing
throughout; paired coped ridge stacks and coped end stacks;
shallow piended slate roof with projecting eaves.
INTERIOR: circular entrance hall leading to round drawing
room with beaded panelled window shutters and curved beaded
Similar beaded window shutters and beaded doors (curved again
in 1st floor round centre bedroom) throughout house.
Staircase at W side of house with cast-iron balusters with
palmette detailing and curved wooden handrail.
Kitchen in E single storey wing.
Original design included rustic verandah linking outer wings
with centre porch. Former manse walled garden now the site of
Edinkillie House caretaker's bungalow.
Manse steading demolished circa 1975.
Upgraded B to A 9.11.87
Other nearby listed buildings