History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Drummuir, Kirkton House

A Category B Listed Building in Speyside Glenlivet, Moray

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 57.4822 / 57°28'55"N

Longitude: -3.0445 / 3°2'40"W

OS Eastings: 337470

OS Northings: 844032

OS Grid: NJ374440

Mapcode National: GBR L8VY.G2L

Mapcode Global: WH7LG.66HD

Entry Name: Drummuir, Kirkton House

Listing Date: 24 March 1988

Category: B

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 333195

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB2299

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Botriphnie

County: Moray

Electoral Ward: Speyside Glenlivet

Parish: Botriphnie

Traditional County: Banffshire

Find accommodation in
Auchindachy

Description

Probably mid-18th century, possibly incorporating earlier
core and with some re-used dressings. E facing 2-storey,
5-bay house with various 19th century additions at rear
and further single storey, single bay addition at N gable.
Tooled squared granite frontage, harl pointed rubble flanks,
tooled sandstone ashlar and tooled contrasting granite
ashlar dressings.
Centre round-headed entrance with Gibbsian blocked surround
flanked each side by single round-headed moulded windows
(window and door dressings appear earlier and re-used).
5 narrow 1st floor windows linked by contrasting dark granite
cill and lintel bands with keystone detailing above each
lintel. Small centre attic window in each gable, the S gable
flanked by continous 2-storey, 2-bay addition forming garden
front with irregular fenestration and ground floor projecting
3-light rectangular window with crenellated wallhead. Further
2-storey rear wing.
Multi-pane glazing in ground floor front windows, 4-pane in
1st floor; all front windows fitted with 4 external shutter
hooks; varied glazing elsewhere. Coped end and ridge
stacks; slate roofs.
INTERIOR: damaged by fire in 19th century; altered
and modernised.

Statement of Interest

Said to date from circa 1700, possibly constructed in 2

phases, the 1st floor added to original ground floor in mid 18th century. It is remotely possible that the ground floor window

jambs were re-used from the 1617 parish church, replaced

by present church in 1820.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.