History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Vantage Farm Fordell Estate Coach House, Dairy, Dairy Cottage, Granary and Gate Piers

A Category C Listed Building in Inverkeithing and Dalgety Bay, Fife

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 56.0557 / 56°3'20"N

Longitude: -3.3659 / 3°21'57"W

OS Eastings: 315030

OS Northings: 685599

OS Grid: NT150855

Mapcode National: GBR 21.QKRJ

Mapcode Global: WH6S4.81FZ

Entry Name: Vantage Farm Fordell Estate Coach House, Dairy, Dairy Cottage, Granary and Gate Piers

Listing Date: 15 August 1984

Category: C

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 334784

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB3662

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Dalgety

County: Fife

Electoral Ward: Inverkeithing and Dalgety Bay

Traditional County: Fife

Find accommodation in
Crossgates

Description

Coachhouse: 18th century, remodelled 1873 for G W Mercer-
Henderson. Long 2-storey range set into slope. Squared and
tooled rubble with polished dressings. Courtyard front
remodelled 1873; west part of 2-storey range with 2 carriage
houses 1 with arched head, both with herring-bone boarded
doors, 2 1st floor windows break eaves with segment
dormer-heads, corbelled centre arched window (date stone
below) with clockface in rope moulded frame set into raised
decoratively consoled, pedimented and finialled panel. 5
bays to east with 1 modern stapping with ground floor. Rear
elevation: west section earliest with small sash and case
windows and flyover steps to door on 1st floor. Slightly
later addition at east with regularly placed sash and case
windows. Corniced stacks (1875), slate roof Granary: circa
1830, attached to east gable of coachhouse, long 2 storey
bank barn. Stugged coursers. Segemental arch in SW elevation
opening to courtyard, large entrance to loft on N gable
reached by ramp. Gable head finials (missing at N). Dairy
cottage: 1862, attached to W gable of coachhouse. Single-
storey, 3-bay house, sash and case windows; parallel dairy
block to rear with roof ventilator; 2 west facing gables
with blind oculi. Corniced stack to cottage, elaborate date
panel on dairy. 2 drum gate-piers with bell-cast caps and
spiked cast-iron gates.

Statement of Interest

Part of substantial improve farm steading. Cattle courts

subsiduary range and engine house now substantial altered

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.