This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.0584 / 56°3'30"N
Longitude: -3.2358 / 3°14'8"W
OS Eastings: 323138
OS Northings: 685754
OS Grid: NT231857
Mapcode National: GBR 26.QC0L
Mapcode Global: WH6S0.8ZCD
Entry Name: Harbour Place, Smugglers Inn
Listing Date: 10 September 1979
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 358432
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB22789
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Burntisland, Kinghorn and Western Kirkcaldy
Traditional County: Fife
Later 18th century, reconstructed and raised to 3-storey 1882. Inn with centre gablet and rounded stairtower to rear. Harled with painted margins, base course and moulded 2nd floor cill course (former eaves cornice), stone mullion.
W (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: door in bay to right of centre below name board and window to right, window to left with further window and adjacent door to outer left. 1st floor with 4 windows, 2nd floor with centre bipartite window below gablet and windows to outer right and left.
12-pane glazing pattern in sash and case windows. Grey slates. Coped ashlar gablehead stacks with cans, shouldered and harled stack to gablet; ashlar coped skews and cast-iron downpipes with decorative hoppers dated '1882'.
Often renamed, The Smugglers Inn has been known as The Perth Inn (Wood's Town Atlas, 1824), The Panama (1888) and The George Hotel (1979).
Part of B-group with: 1-3 Harbour Place (HB number 22784); 4-9 Harbour Place (HB number 22785) and 40-48 (even nos) High Street, including former Green Tree Tavern (HB number 22809).
Other nearby listed buildings