This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.7651 / 55°45'54"N
Longitude: -4.1764 / 4°10'34"W
OS Eastings: 263548
OS Northings: 654559
OS Grid: NS635545
Mapcode National: GBR 3V.9ZNX
Mapcode Global: WH4QT.TCF8
Entry Name: 9 Montgomery Street and Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 15 March 1963
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 363262
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB26613
Building Class: Cultural
Location: East Kilbride
County: South Lanarkshire
Town: East Kilbride
Electoral Ward: East Kilbride Central North
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
18th century. 2-storey, 2-bay dwelling house. Squared and snecked rubble; raised cills.
E (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: central door with moulded cornice; 2 windows to right; single window to left. 4 windows regularly spaced at 1st floor.
S (KIRK WYND) ELEVATION: small attic window.
W (REAR) ELEVATION: modern single storey L-plan range extension; 2 box-dormer windows in attic.
N ELEVATION: adjoining building.
Modern sash and case windows. Slate roof; crowstepped skews; re-built coped stack at left gablehead.
This is one of the oldest buildings on the oldest street in East Kilbride. Montgomery Street remained the heart of the village until the 1950s New Town development. It was originally called the High Street. Its current name commemorates the Montgomerie-Cunninghame family. The status of the street is evident by the older properties: the Parish Kirk, the Courthouse and a large coaching house.
Other nearby listed buildings