History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Elie Parish Churchyard Mural Monument High Street

A Category B Listed Building in East Neuk and Landward, Fife

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 56.1907 / 56°11'26"N

Longitude: -2.8206 / 2°49'14"W

OS Eastings: 349171

OS Northings: 700089

OS Grid: NO491000

Mapcode National: GBR 2Q.FVNC

Mapcode Global: WH7SR.NN2H

Entry Name: Elie Parish Churchyard Mural Monument High Street

Listing Date: 18 August 1972

Category: B

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 372134

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB30960

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Elie and Earlsferry

County: Fife

Town: Elie And Earlsferry

Electoral Ward: East Neuk and Landward

Traditional County: Fife

Find accommodation in
Elie

Description

1635, erected for the Gillespies of the Muckle Yett, South Street (original inscription effaced) Renaissance. Ionic columns supporting rich baroque pediment.

Statement of Interest

The churchyard contains a very few 16th and 17th century etones, others mainly modern.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.