This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 55.8853 / 55°53'7"N
Longitude: -4.3271 / 4°19'37"W
OS Eastings: 254545
OS Northings: 668246
OS Grid: NS545682
Mapcode National: GBR 03B.Y0
Mapcode Global: WH3P1.HBQK
Entry Name: 10 Woodend Drive, All Saints Episcopal Church, Jordanhill
Listing Date: 15 December 1970
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 374301
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB32346
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Victoria Park
Traditional County: Renfrewshire
James Chalmers, architect, 1904. Cruciform Neo Norman church
with nave, aisles and transepts, small apsidal single-storey
baptistry to W. Stugged red ashlar with polished margins
and quoins. Round arched lancets or simple plate tracery
W gable buttressed with small apsidal baptistry to ground
roofed with stone flags; above rise 3 tall lancets. Buttressed
5-bay aisles, round-arched single light windows; clerestory
windows with plate tracery. Projecting gabled porch with
round-arched entrance to S aisle with nook shafts supporting
bands fo chevron moulding. Hoodmould with label stops.
Diminutive similarly detailed niche above.
To S transept, round-arched portal with columnar reveals
To E end, semi-circular stained glass window with central
rose lights and spandrel lights. Continuous roll-moulding
at cills. Plain skews and skewstones, slate roofs.
INTERIOR: 5-bay aisles separated from nave by round arched
arcade supported on squat columns will scalloped pseudo-
capitals. Corbels at spandrel level support engaged shafts
with square capitals supporting ribs to barrel-vaulted
Clustered columns to crossing with groin vault. All S aisle
and one N aisle window of stained glass by various artists:
W H Cann; J and M Cran; Gordon Webster. Other windows with
opaque leaded glass panes. Carved oak reredos by Robert
Lorimer, 1920; marble altar supported on coloured marble
colonnettes. Ashlar pulpit with carved figures of the
Evangelists in trefoil-headed niches supported on coloured
marble colonnettes. Octagonal polychrome marble font in
baptistry. S transept with small Lady Chapel with carved
oak reredos, 1930. Organ in N transept; carved timber lecturn.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Other nearby listed buildings