This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.1135 / 56°6'48"N
Longitude: -3.1545 / 3°9'16"W
OS Eastings: 328304
OS Northings: 691797
OS Grid: NT283917
Mapcode National: GBR 29.LZ44
Mapcode Global: WH6RV.JL2N
Entry Name: 333-337 (Odd Nos) High Street with Boundary Walls
Listing Date: 8 May 1975
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 381118
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB36353
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Kirkcaldy East
Traditional County: Fife
Early 19th century, incorporating 18th century fabric, altered at ground and raised at wallhead. 3-storey with attic, 4-bay, L-plan tenement with shops at ground, in irregular terrace. Harled with painted cement-render to S; stone margins. Pointed-arch, traceried tripartite windows to rear, stop-chamfered arrises.
S (HIGH STREET) ELEVATION: pend entrance to centre at ground with shops in flanking bays, that to left with deep-set timber door to right of centre, small window to right and large window to left, blank timber panel to outer left and panelled base course; modern glazed shop to right; each shop surmounted by traditional fascia with decorative brackets. Regular fenestration to 1st and 2nd floors, and 2 piended dormer windows breaking eaves between bays.
N ELEVATION: advanced piended stair tower to outer left with lower gabled extension projecting to N (probably 18th century); pend opening at centre below broad cantilevered bay with tripartite window to 1st and 2nd floors; bay to right of centre obscured at ground by outbuilding, window to both floors above and further piended dormer window breaking eaves.
12-pane glazing pattern in timber sash and case windows; tripartites with 10-16-10-pane pattern below tracery and fixed plate glass to shop windows. Grey slates. Coped harled stacks with cans; brick stack to rear also with cans. Cast-iron downpipes with decorative rainwater hopper to centre front.
INTERIOR: stone turnpike stair with timber handrail and plain cornicing.
BOUNDARY WALLS: part-coped random rubble, stepped boundary walls extending to Hill Place at rear. Small niches to SE and NE elevations possibly putlog/weep holes.
Other nearby listed buildings