This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.1099 / 56°6'35"N
Longitude: -3.1635 / 3°9'48"W
OS Eastings: 327739
OS Northings: 691404
OS Grid: NT277914
Mapcode National: GBR 29.M37Y
Mapcode Global: WH6RV.CPTF
Entry Name: 2 East Fergus Place with Boundary Walls and Gates
Listing Date: 28 January 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 381150
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB36376
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Kirkcaldy Central
Traditional County: Fife
Circa 1830. 2-storey, 3-bay, rectangular-plan, piend and platform- roofed classical villa. Harl with ashlar quoin strips and dressings. Eaves cornice and blocking course. Architraved surrounds, those to ground floor W corniced.
W (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical. Corniced doorcase with flanking fluted columns and deep-set panelled timber door to centre, bipartite windows in flanking bays and regular fenestration to 1st floor.
S (WEMYSSFIELD) ELEVATION: later extension adjoining at ground,
2 windows to 1st floor with grouped wallhead stack to centre.
E ELEVATION: symmetrical fenestration including stair window to centre.
12-pane glazing pattern in timber sash and case windows. Grey slates. Corniced and coped grouped ashlar stacks with full complement of cans, some polygonal.
INTERIOR: partially seen 1996. Dog-leg staircase with decorative cast- iron balusters with timber handrail.
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATES: coped rubble and harl boundary walls with decorative cast-iron gates.
Formerly known as St Ann's.
Other nearby listed buildings