This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.1267 / 56°7'36"N
Longitude: -3.1224 / 3°7'20"W
OS Eastings: 330322
OS Northings: 693235
OS Grid: NT303932
Mapcode National: GBR 2C.KSKZ
Mapcode Global: WH6RW.08DH
Entry Name: Dysart, 44 East Quality Street with Former Coach House
Listing Date: 28 January 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 381216
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB36437
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Kirkcaldy East
Traditional County: Fife
Early 19th century. 3-storey and basement, 3-bay house converted to offices. Stugged ashlar with stone cills, coursed rubble to sides and rear. Eaves cornice. Architraved and corniced doorpiece.
NW (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical. Steps up to part-glazed timber door with deep 2-pane fanlight in centre bay, windows in flanking bays and regular fenestration to each floor above.
SE (REAR) ELEVATION: symmetrical fenestration, including raised basement with door to centre and shouldered wallhead stack.
Small-pane glazing patterns in timber sash and case windows. Coped ashlar stacks; ashlar-coped skews.
INTERIOR: 1st floor room to NW with plain cornices, square arch with fluted pilasters, and timber shutters.
FORMER COACH HOUSE: dressed and squared rubble with band courses; segmental- and round-headed openings with voussoirs.
NE (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: cart-arch to ground with 2-leaf boarded timber door, blocked window above in pedimented gable; further window (square-headed) on return to right at ground.
Coach House wing now incorporated into foundry.
Other nearby listed buildings