This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.7131 / 56°42'47"N
Longitude: -3.7235 / 3°43'24"W
OS Eastings: 294598
OS Northings: 759264
OS Grid: NN945592
Mapcode National: GBR KB5Z.931
Mapcode Global: WH5MJ.SJ3H
Entry Name: Moulin, Manse Road, Old Moulin (Formerly Manseholm), Including Boundary Walls and Gates
Listing Date: 9 June 1981
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 385735
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB39863
Building Class: Cultural
County: Perth and Kinross
Electoral Ward: Highland
Traditional County: Perthshire
1820, extended 1882, altered 1957. 2-storey, 3-bay, piend-roofed former manse L-plan with later wing and porch. Harled with stone margins.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical. Small piended porch with bipartite window and door on return to right to centre bay at ground, windows in flanking bays and 3 smaller windows close to eaves at 1st floor. Later set-back bay to outer left with bipartite window to each floor, that to 1st floor breaking eaves into dormerhead.
E ELEVATION: advanced bay to left of centre with 2 window to ground and further window close to eaves to outer right at 1st floor, dominant wallhead stack to centre; 3 later set-back bays to right with bipartite window to each floor of centre bay, further bipartite to left at ground with single piended dormerheaded window above, and window in bay to right at ground.
N (REAR) ELEVATION: asymmetrical elevation with variety of elements including stair window to centre of original block and projecting wing to left.
4-, 12-pane and plate glass glazing patterns in timber sash and case windows. Grey slates. Coped harled stacks with cans.
INTERIOR: not seen 2000.
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATES: coped rubble boundary walls with hooped ironwork gates and decorative ironwork posts.
Glebe land belonging to the parish church manse included garden and ground amounted to 4.5 acres. Conversion to a home for retired nurses took place in 1957, and reversion to a domestic dwelling in the late 20th century.
Other nearby listed buildings