This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.3394 / 56°20'21"N
Longitude: -2.7925 / 2°47'32"W
OS Eastings: 351106
OS Northings: 716617
OS Grid: NO511166
Mapcode National: GBR 2R.4GLK
Mapcode Global: WH7S0.2XJJ
Entry Name: 48 South Street
Listing Date: 20 April 1995
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 387027
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB40939
Building Class: Cultural
Location: St Andrews
Town: St Andrews
Electoral Ward: St Andrews
Traditional County: Fife
1880. 2 principal storeys over lower ground floor; 3-bay addition to town house (No 46) forming part of terrace appearing as self-contained house. Squared and snecked cream sandstone ashlar. Base course; cornice; coped parapet; raised chamfered surrounds to openings.
N (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: central bay with doorway offset to left and single window to right; boarded door with glazed panel; single windows
above and to all floors in flanking bays; iron window guards to 2nd floor windows.
S (REAR) ELEVATION: single windows in bay to left. 3-light canted
window across chamfered angle to outer right; substantial wallhead stack.
INTERIOR: not seen 1995. Timber sash and case and casement windows. Grey slate pitched roof with lower pitched roof behind; corniced
mutual stacks; original cast-iron rainwater goods.
Addition to No 46 (see separate listing). Unusual 1880 example of 18th century revivalism.
Other nearby listed buildings