This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.9995 / 55°59'58"N
Longitude: -4.5972 / 4°35'49"W
OS Eastings: 238130
OS Northings: 681544
OS Grid: NS381815
Mapcode National: GBR 0K.V56Q
Mapcode Global: WH3NB.CG3L
Entry Name: Lower Stoneymollen Road, Drumkinnon Farm, Mill, Granary and Saw Mill
Listing Date: 14 May 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 389635
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB43229
Building Class: Cultural
County: West Dunbartonshire
Electoral Ward: Lomond
Traditional County: Dunbartonshire
Robert Lugar, early 19th century. 2-storey, rectangular-plan Tudor- gothic mill building. Squared and snecked sandstone rubble with ashlar margins and dressings. Base course, string course.
MILL AND GRANARY:
E (MAIN) ELEVATION: 2-storey, 2-bay symmetrical; chevron crenellated gable, framed by crenellated clasping buttresses. Round-headed Y-traceried window at ground, smaller windows at 1st floor; string course, stepped as hoodmould at both floors. Pigeon loft in gablehead, triangular ashlar recess with tiered flightholes (16).
S (SIDE) ELEVATION: 3 louvred granary windows to left, hoist door, flanked by pair of narrow flights. Door and windows symmetrically disposed at ground.
N (SIDE) ELEVATION: louvred granary windows at upper stage; door at ground to outer right; gabled wheel outshot at centre; remains of cogs of 2 overshot wheels in situ.
Y-tracery former sash and case windows, now fixed. Grey slate roof.
SAWMILL: single storey, rectangular-plan sawmill, crenellated parapet, blank plaque at centre; crenellated clasping buttress to outer left. Round-headed doorway off-centre to right, timber boarded gates.
The mill and granary and sawmill were part of the home farm and stables of Tullichewan Castle. The castle was demolished in 1954. The adjacent stables are listed separately.
Other nearby listed buildings