This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.1858 / 56°11'8"N
Longitude: -3.0543 / 3°3'15"W
OS Eastings: 334658
OS Northings: 699739
OS Grid: NT346997
Mapcode National: GBR 2F.G9RD
Mapcode Global: WH7SN.1SV8
Entry Name: Windygates, Cameron Hospital, Lodge House with Gatepiers
Listing Date: 17 May 1996
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 389845
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB43383
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Leven, Kennoway and Largo
Traditional County: Fife
Probably William Williamson and Hubbard, 1938. Single and 2-storey, 8-bay (bays grouped 1-1-4-1-1-), rectangular-plan Lodge House with stepped, swept roof and porch in stylised (functional?) Arts and Crafts manner. Harled with stone cills and door margins. Base course and part cill course.
E (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: symmetrical. Recessed centre bays with tall brick base course, 2 windows flanking centre with further window in bay to right and part-glazed timber door to left, slightly advanced flanking bays with part-glazed timber doors, all shielded by flat-roofed porch supported on 2 square columns below centre plaque worded ?Fife County Council Cameron Hospital? between small windows, and advanced flanking bays with narrow windows below swept roofline; further advanced, single storey outer bays with windows below swept roofline.
W ELEVATION: symmetrical. Ground floor obscured by screen hedges. 1st floor with 2 windows at centre in advanced, flat-roofed, tile hung bay with flanking gabled bays, each with narrow window and lower roofline and recessed narrow blank bay beyond.
N elevation: narrow with swept roof to left and full-height vertical wall to right with stack breaking short skew. Window at 1st floor centre.
S ELEVATION: mirror of N elevation.
Plate glass glazing in casement and top-opening windows. Red tiles. Coped harled stacks with cans.
GATEPIERS: cement-rendered obelisk gatepiers.
William Williamson & Hubbard were architects for Fife Healthcare Trust?s new Cameron House (former nurses? home) and the Administration Building in 1938, and thus are probably responsible for the Lodge House.
Other nearby listed buildings