History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Dysart, 8, 10 and 12 Victoria Street

A Category C Listed Building in Kirkcaldy, Fife

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 56.126 / 56°7'33"N

Longitude: -3.1207 / 3°7'14"W

OS Eastings: 330430

OS Northings: 693145

OS Grid: NT304931

Mapcode National: GBR 2C.L0VJ

Mapcode Global: WH6RW.1973

Entry Name: Dysart, 8, 10 and 12 Victoria Street

Listing Date: 26 March 1998

Category: C

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 392446

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB45514

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Kirkcaldy

County: Fife

Town: Kirkcaldy

Electoral Ward: Kirkcaldy East

Traditional County: Fife

Find accommodation in
Dysart

Description

Campbell Douglas & Sellars, 1885, converted to residential 1931. 3-storey, 6-bay tenement with crowstepped gables and adjoining 6-bay tenement to S. Stone-cleaned stugged, squared and snecked rubble. 1st and 2nd floor cill courses. Segmental-headed doors and roll-moulded window margins.

W (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: M-gable to left of centre with timber door and plate glass fanlight to outer left, 2 windows to right, 2-leaf timber door with plate glass fanlight beyond to right and 2 further windows to outer right. Regular fenestration to each floor above, and blind arrowslit to each gablehead.

Bays to right with door to centre and adjacent window to left, bipartite window to outer left, regular fenestration above and dominant stack wallhead stack to centre. Slightly advanced gable to outer right with 3 windows to each floor, corbel over ground to jettied 1st and 2nd floor, and large glazed oculus in gablehead.

6-pane glazing pattern in timber sash and case windows. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks and ashlar-coped skews with scroll skewputts; cast-iron downpipes with decorative rainwater hoppers and fixings.

INTERIOR: not seen 1997.

Statement of Interest

Drawings by Campbell Douglas & Sellars, dated October 1885, show 'Magistrate's Room, Council Chamber and Court Room' (listed separately with Dysart Tolbooth), and 'Constable's Houses'. Conversion from offices to houses, at a cost of ?400, was undertaken by the Burgh Surveyor's Office in 1931.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.