This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.1203 / 56°7'13"N
Longitude: -3.1495 / 3°8'58"W
OS Eastings: 328629
OS Northings: 692544
OS Grid: NT286925
Mapcode National: GBR 2B.LDD3
Mapcode Global: WH6RV.LFGG
Entry Name: Pathhead Court, Pathhead Evangelical Union Congregational Church and Church Hall with Boundary Walls
Listing Date: 26 March 1998
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 392485
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB45543
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Kirkcaldy East
Traditional County: Fife
Dated 1869. Rectangular-plan, plain, castellated Tudor gothic church with 5-bay nave and battlemented porch. Narrow ashlar blocks with ashlar dressings, rubble to sides and harl to rear. Pointed-arch openings, hoodmoulds to S, stone mullions and chamfered arrises.
S (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: gabled elevation with just 'crenellated' porch, 2-leaf timber door and plate glass fanlight with flanking narrow bipartite windows all below continuous hoodmould; date to centre above. Recessed face of church with tall windows flanking porch and raised centre tripartite window in gablehead below 2 tiny lights flanking corbel of crenellated, polygonal turret finial.
N ELEVATION: 2 tall windows flanking oculus in gablehead.
E AND W ELEVATIONS: 5 tall regularly disposed windows.
Diamond-pane leaded glazing with coloured margins. Grey slates. Ashlar-coped skews with moulded skewputts.
INTERIOR: fixed timber pews and boarded timber dado. Coloured glass to N windows.
HALL: L-plan hall to N. N gable with pointed-arch window flanked by square-headed windows, and further pointed-arch window to W gable.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such. The Evangelical Union first met in Pathhead Town Hall in 1865; the Church was formed on 22nd September 1867, with the building opened for public worship on 27th July, 1870. Due to fire damage the church was closed for a while in 1956 with meetings being held in the nearby canteen of Messrs M Nairn & Co. The church was re-dedicated on 14th October, 1956. In 1993 the congregation joined the Association of Congregational Churches in Scotland, and in 1994 became the Scottish Area of the Congregational Federation.
Other nearby listed buildings