This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.1211 / 56°7'15"N
Longitude: -3.1417 / 3°8'30"W
OS Eastings: 329115
OS Northings: 692626
OS Grid: NT291926
Mapcode National: GBR 2B.L857
Mapcode Global: WH6RV.QD4V
Entry Name: 2-6 (Even Nos) St Clair Street, 1 Dysart Road and Sinclair Tavern
Listing Date: 26 March 1998
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 392494
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB45549
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Kirkcaldy East
Traditional County: Fife
Dated 1885; altered 1927. 2-storey, 9-bay tavern and houses on corner site. Squared and snecked rubble (part Aberdeen Bond) with stugged quoins. Eaves course, part dividing course. Corbels; chamfered arrises and stone mullions.
SW CORNER: rounded corner with part-glazed door to ground and windows in flanking bays; bipartite window at 1st floor, also with flanking windows and with monogrammed datestone above; corbelled to square at outer angles with square pavilion roof surmounted by decorative cast-iron brattishing.
E (ST CLAIR STREET) ELEVATION: deep-set timber door to centre with windows in flanking bays and regular fenestration at 1st floor.
S (DYSART ROAD) ELEVATION: deep-set timber door with small pane fanlight to centre, windows in flanking bays and regular fenestration at 1st floor.
12-pane glazing pattern and plate glass glazing in timber sash and case windows. Graded grey and fishscale slates. Coped ashlar stacks with full complement of polygonal cans, ashlar-coped skews and scroll skewputts.
INTERIOR: St Clair Tavern modern.
In October 1927, Andrew Porter obtained planning permission to alter licensed premises and dwelling houses on the corner of Dysart Road and St Clair Street presumably to interior and rear. Again altered and extended 1935-6 by A B Rintoul. Simple but effective treatment of corner site.
Other nearby listed buildings