This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.1284 / 56°7'42"N
Longitude: -3.1372 / 3°8'13"W
OS Eastings: 329409
OS Northings: 693434
OS Grid: NT294934
Mapcode National: GBR 2B.KWP8
Mapcode Global: WH6RV.S797
Entry Name: 250 St Clair Street, the Fife Arms
Listing Date: 26 March 1998
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 392496
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB45551
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Kirkcaldy East
Traditional County: Fife
Mid to later 19th century, altered 1886. 2-storey, 3-bay above ground, public house. Painted and stugged ashlar with harl to sides, ashlar dressings. Segmental-arched windows and pointed-arched door. Base, 1st floor cill and eaves courses. Continuous hoodmould, chamfered cills to ground; stone mullions and transoms, moulded arrises.
W (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical. Ground floor with common hoodmould and transom; door to left of centre flanked by bipartite windows with decorative dividing mullions and further window to right; decorative, coloured and leaded lights over transom to centre and flanking openings (small extractor fans to latter), outer openings blocked; full-width, corniced band course over with plain lettering 'THE FIFE ARMS'. 1st floor with window to centre and bipartite windows to flanking bays; 2 large canted dormer windows above. Flat-roofed extension to S.
Plate glass glazing in timber sash and case windows, fixed glazing to ground. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks with cans, and ashlar-coped skews with square skewputts.
INTERIOR: modern bar, upper floors not seen 1997.
In 1886 alterations were made to The Fife Arms for Mr Rodger.
Other nearby listed buildings