This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.2007 / 56°12'2"N
Longitude: -3.0109 / 3°0'39"W
OS Eastings: 337374
OS Northings: 701364
OS Grid: NO373013
Mapcode National: GBR 2H.F7J1
Mapcode Global: WH7SN.QDDS
Entry Name: Linnwood Hall, Lodge House, Gatepiers and Boundary Walls
Listing Date: 28 September 1999
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 393838
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB46509
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Leven, Kennoway and Largo
Traditional County: Fife
Circa 1900. Single storey, 3-bay, gabled lodge house. Stugged squared and snecked rubble with ashlar dressings. Raked cills, chamfered arrises and stone mullions.
W (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: boarded timber door to centre bay with canted tripartite window breaking eaves into polygonal roof in bay to right and bipartite window with pedimented dormerhead to left. All openings with roller shutters.
Plate glass glazing in timber sash and case windows. Graded grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks, ashlar-coped skews with flat skewputts, and overhanging eaves.
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATEPIERS: coped rubble quadrant walls and square-section ashlar gatepiers, each with moulded frieze deep cornice and ball finial.
Linnwood Hall (listed separately) was built in 1898 for Charles Carlow. The Walled Garden is also listed separately.
Other nearby listed buildings