This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.0697 / 56°4'10"N
Longitude: -3.46 / 3°27'36"W
OS Eastings: 309204
OS Northings: 687276
OS Grid: NT092872
Mapcode National: GBR 1Y.PNMS
Mapcode Global: WH5QR.TPKS
Plus Code: 9C8R3G9Q+VX
Entry Name: 13 Abbey Park Place
Listing Date: 10 March 2000
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 394252
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB46876
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Dunfermline Central
Traditional County: Fife
Circa 1860. 2-storey and basement; detached former villa comprising 3-bay main block with short E wing set back to S. Classical design with open porch comprising entablature supported on pair of semi-Composite columns to entrance to principal (N) elevation. Polished sandstone ashlar principal elevation; coursed stugged sandstone with ashlar dressings elsewhere. Base course and eaves cornice throughout. Moulded architraves to windows to principal elevation. V-jointed angle quoins to principal elevation and SW corner of main block.
N (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: central entrance to main block; open porch comprising entablature with dentilled cornice supported on pair of semi-Composite columns; matching pilasters to either side of doorway with rounded upper corners and moulded reveals; 6-panel timber door with engraved rectangular fanlight. Window to ground and 1st floors to flanking bays and one above; those to ground floor are corniced. 2 bays to short wing set back to left; window to each bay to 1st floor; later wall with central gateway set forward to ground floor; corrugated plastic lean-to roof over intervening space (ground floor window set back to each bay behind).
S ELEVATION: canted flanking bays with band courses over 1st floor to main block; both with 3- light mullioned window to each storey, apart from outer left bay of basement, which has single-light window to outer face. Narrow window to each floor to central bay. Short wing with string course between upper floors projects forward to right. Left bay set back slightly with vennel entrance to basement; corniced opening (now blocked) above; window to 1st floor. Slightly projecting right bay has 3 blocked narrow windows to ground floor; 3-light mullioned window to each floor above, that to ground floor is corniced. Large blocked basement opening to left return.
W ELEVATION: built into sloping ground. Blank apart from 2 small openings to left of basement.
INTERIOR: not inspected (1998).
Mainly 4 and 10-pane timber sash and case windows. Piended grey slate roof. Corniced stack to either side (E and W) of main block; narrow pitch stack to E wing; cans mainly missing.
Currently (1998) in use as offices by Fife Council Psychological Service. Between 1949 and 1973 it was the local police station.
Other nearby listed buildings