This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 57.1827 / 57°10'57"N
Longitude: -3.8312 / 3°49'52"W
OS Eastings: 289405
OS Northings: 811692
OS Grid: NH894116
Mapcode National: GBR J9XQ.V28
Mapcode Global: WH5K5.3QWK
Entry Name: Aviemore, Dalfaber Road, Pine Bank (Former Craigellachie House)
Listing Date: 11 July 2001
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 395451
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB48029
Building Class: Cultural
Location: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
Electoral Ward: Badenoch and Strathspey
Parish: Duthil And Rothiemurchus
Traditional County: Inverness-shire
Late 19th to early 20th century, extended to rear late 20th century. Single storey and attic, 6-bay gabled villa in Highland estate style now converted to holiday accommodation. Coursed, snecked, roughly squared rubble with stugged and droved ashlar dressings. Droved base course. Round-headed doorway with chamfered reveals; gabled dormer windows. Stone and timber mullions.
E (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: bays to left with panelled timber door to centre in gabled porch on
rustic poles with timbered returns, horizontal 3-light windows and further set-back finialled gable with horizontal tripartite on return to right. Dominant gable to outer left with canted tripartite window below slated roof with brattishing and small tripartite in gablehead; set-back bay to right with single window (satellite dish beyond) and small dormer above, further narrow light on return to right. Recessed bays to right with 2 single windows below centrally-positioned dormer in piended roof, further slightly advanced gable to outer right detailed as that to outer left.
S ELEVATION: slightly advanced gable to left fenestrated as outer gables above, single window in bay to right and 2-storey extension to left.
N ELEVATION: single bay elevation with small modern timber porch to right.
W (REAR) ELEVATION: variety of elements to altered elevation with 4 gabled bays and extension to outer right.
4-pane and plate glass glazing patterns to timber sash and case windows, canted windows with external secondary glazing. Graded grey slates, small modern rooflights. Coped ashlar stacks with polygonal cans. Overhanging eaves with plain bargeboarding, decorative cast-iron and timber-pendant finials. Cast-iron downpipes with decorative rainwater hopper.
INTERIOR: not seen 2000.
Despite alterations Pine Bank retains much of its original character and was probably erected soon after Aviemore Railway Station opened in 1892.
Other nearby listed buildings