History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Errol Village, 1 and 2 Croft Terrace Including Boundary Walls and Gates

A Category C Listed Building in Errol, Perth and Kinross

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 56.3904 / 56°23'25"N

Longitude: -3.214 / 3°12'50"W

OS Eastings: 325148

OS Northings: 722678

OS Grid: NO251226

Mapcode National: GBR 27.19X7

Mapcode Global: WH6QG.LMQW

Entry Name: Errol Village, 1 and 2 Croft Terrace Including Boundary Walls and Gates

Listing Date: 21 September 2001

Category: C

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 395573

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB48165

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Errol

County: Perth and Kinross

Electoral Ward: Carse of Gowrie

Traditional County: Perthshire

Find accommodation in
Kinnaird

Description

Probably Freeman & Ogilvy, dated 1908. 2-storey, 4-bay pair of semi-detached Arts and Crafts style houses mirrored about centre in irregular terrace. Harled with stone cills. Stone mullions.

SE (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: broad M-gable to centre with monogrammed datestone to centre at 1st floor, jettied timber-board gableheads, 2 closely aligned bipartites to each floor and flanking slated piended porches each with part-glazed timber door and flanking multi-pane lights. Outer bays also with bipartite to each floor, those to 1st floor breaking eaves into corniced flat-roofed dormer.

4-pane glazing pattern in timber sash and case windows to No 2; modern glazing to No 1. Grey slates. Coped harled stacks with full complement of cans; ashlar-coped skews with square skewputts; plain bargeboarding and deeply overhanging eaves; cast-iron downpipes with decorative rainwater hopper.

BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATES: ashlar-coped rubble boundary walls with decorative ironwork gates.

Statement of Interest

A similar work by Freeman & Ogilvy was illustrated in the 1907 text cited above. The initials on the monogrammed stone probably belong to Sir William Ogilvy of Errol Park.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.