This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.0092 / 56°0'33"N
Longitude: -3.3935 / 3°23'36"W
OS Eastings: 313208
OS Northings: 680460
OS Grid: NT132804
Mapcode National: GBR 20.TKKN
Mapcode Global: WH6S9.V763
Entry Name: North Queensferry, Chapel Place, Fourteen Falls Including Boundary Walls
Listing Date: 27 March 2003
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 396740
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB49168
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Inverkeithing and Dalgety Bay
Traditional County: Fife
Later 18th century. 2-storey, 3-bay rectangular-plan house with ground floor as raised basement. Random rubble; painted entrance elevation. Painted margins stone cills. Modern single storey extension to front left; modern single and 2-storey extensions to rear.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical; central flight of stone steps (forestair at right angle) leading to 1st (principal) floor entrance door with later porch; flanking windows to ground and 1st floors.
E ELEVATION: site sloping down to N; 1st floor window to left.
N ELEVATION: ground floor window to right; lean-to single and 2-storey modern additions to left; windows to right return of additions at ground floor; 1st floor window to right return of 2-storey addition.
W ELEVATION: plain gable; adjoining garden wall obscures ground floor.
12-pane timber sash and case windows throughout. Grey slates; painted flat-headed stone skews; painted cement-rendered coped gablehead stacks; circular clay cans.
INTERIOR: plain cornices; no original features remaining.
BOUNDARY WALLS: random rubble and flat stone coped, attached to S elevation.
Related to Chapel of St James (SCHEDULED MONUMENT). The front garden forms part of former burial ground. This house first consisted of a single storey dwelling (built circa 1705) and in the later part of the 18th century would have been extended to include a second floor consisting of a separate dwelling.
Other nearby listed buildings